No. 5 in our series of core activation exercises – the side plank. This is often an under developed area and helps to strengthen your shoulder girdle and obliques.
More on our core activation today we are utilising the tower to do a transverse oblique exercise, standing on rotating discs. This exercise is a step up from having your feet firmly planted on the ground, enforcing you to have greater stability in your hips and obliques.
No. 3 of our Core Activation series, assisted roll up / roll down. Rather than doing a sit up, this assisted exercise allows you to really focus on the rectus abdominis muscles.
Core Activation No. 2! Welcome to our next core activation exercise in our series, we had a question regarding can we do the same exercise using a power band from last week – Yes we can!
For the next 6 weeks we are going to focus on various core stability exercises. Ideally do them at home or your gym (or us if you want to join ). They are great for helping your golf, tennis or any sport really as well as for your daily activities.
Staying motivated when the to do list is 10 pages long, the kids are consuming most of your energy and your not making any headway at work is hard! If we are strategic we can harness motivation and sustain it for a greater amount fo time. Here is a list of things you can try to help you to keep your motivation levels high.
- Set your goal and visualise yourself attaining every specific detail of that goal.
- For example if your goal is to dead lift 50kg, picture yourself looking at the weight, see yourself gripping the the bar from pinky to thumb, with controlled breathe and lifting the weight with perfect technique and ease.
- Make a list of reason why you want to achieve your goal.
- Don’t write it in your phone or on your iPad, physically write it down on a piece of paper and in your journal. Connect to your goal manually and create a deeper and more active mental connection.
- Break down your goal and set specific goals and targets.
- Slowly chip away at your goal. Break it down and into small and realistic steps that you know you’ll be able to achieve.
- Pre- determine how you will deal with flagging motivation.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself and allow some room for error and the occasional set back. Put things in perspective and think of some of the hardship your friends, family or even inspirations have gone through in order to reach their goals. Often when you see the bigger picture it is easier to see that while others may ignite you, you are the only one standing in the way of the things you want to accomplish.
You can do this!
Week 6 and final week of our snow clinic BUT we are always here to help. If you have any questions or want some help with your home exercises or how to get prepared, put in a comment and will get back to you! Happy Skiing, Snowboarding, Tobagging, Snow Man Building and Snow ball fights!
Week 5 Get Fit for the Snow Season, welcome back for our hints and tips putting some exercises together. #snowfitness #skifit #perisherresort #fallscreek #ausxc #snowboard #mt_buller #ausxcjunior #xcfitness
Welcome to week 4 of Get Fit for the Southern Hemisphere Snow Season, we’ll be taking you to the next level of fitness hints and tips to do in your gym or at home. #altafitnesssnowfit #skiing #snowboard #skifit
Good afternoon it’s week 3 of our Get for the Snow Season! We’re progressing our squats and planks. #altafitnesssnowfitness #skiing #snowskiing #snowfitness